A year ago, I accidentally cracked the glass coffee pot that belongs with our Mr. Coffee coffee maker, and had to order a replacement pot online. When the new pot arrived, it was so clean and clear, and I vowed to find a cleaning method to keep it looking that way! My saving grace is Bon Ami:
Can I tell you that I am truly in love with this cleaner?? It gets everything off, and makes stainless steel and glass shine with barely any effort. A thick paste of this even loosened up 5+ years of baked on gunk on my oven windows, that I easily peeled off with a razor, after letting the paste sit for a few minutes on the glass. Man I wish I would have photographed that cleaning, it was miraculous! I never thought I’d see the light of day on that project, literally! Anyway, this stuff is the bomb when it comes to keeping my newer coffee pot nice and sparkly clean. About once a month, I do this:
1. Sprinkle 1/2 tbsp of Bon Ami in the bottom of your glass coffee pot. Add a small splash of water, enough to make a paste.
2. Use the scrubbing side of a sponge or a toothbrush to work the paste into the stains, and gently scrub them until the pot looks nice and clear, like this. I find the worst stains are on the bottom.
3. Rinse well with warm water, and set aside to dry.
Now for the actual coffee maker:
1. Use a basic surface cleaner and a towel to clean the outside. I used Method’s Go Naked non-toxic spray cleaner.
2. Dampen the towel with the cleaner and begin to wipe the outside.
3. Don’t forget that pesky underside. That was the dirtiest part!
4. Wipe the control panel with the damp towel, then use a toothpick to clean the crevices. Toothpicks are a wonderful cleaning tool!
5. Wipe off all of the gunk, and admire your sparkling control panel. If you look hard enough, you can see the reflection of me and my camera.
6. All clean!! I’ll put the glass pot in it’s place after it dries.
* I am a true believer in taking care of what you have. I know this is an inexpensive coffee maker, but it does the job well, and the better I take care of it, the longer it will last🙂